Sunday, February 7, 2010

My living conditions, the who what and where of my home life....

Over the last 5 years, I have lived in 2 houses. Actually, one was more of an apartment, but now I have the luxury of living in a house. Its not a a bad house. I live on a one way street, which is annoying at times because well, when I have a house party, my friends tend to dominate just about every parking spot in a 3 mile radius....They my neighbors however, seem to not mind so much about the constant bassy wobbly noises which emit from my 3 story house, starting at all hours of the day or night....They dont even seem to mind that from time to time, usually somewhere around 6am on any Friday or Saturday night, A plethra of brightly colored fucked up little ravers start creeping up the street and into my house, and usually camp out in my house until I get sick of looking at them sometime Sunday night....anywhere from 60-150 people on an average weekend tend to squeeze their way into my humble abode.....

On the weekdays, I would like to say that things quiet down...I have school, Skoots has work...but really, my house tends to have a revolving door where people just kinda make their way into and out of my house....friends coming over to practice for an upcoming party, or just to lay down some tunes and hang out....We have a bustling little household, There is almost always someone in my house who doesn't really live there...My house seems to sometimes be the refugee camp for UFO, Baggy pants wearing kandi kids and dj's and whoever else shows up....Sometimes it is a little frustrating, because at the end of the day, everyone wants a little peace and quiet, but honestly, on the rare occasions when my house is truly empty, the silence almost is deafening, and I almost feel lonely if someone isnt around....Ive grown so used to having so many people around me all the time, that when my house is empty, I kinda dont know what to do with myself......


The Inhabitants.....Past and Present

My house does sometimes seem to have a revolving door of inhabitants....not really though, but sometimes...Currently living in my house are me and Skoots, and Drea....description to follow....In this house, the past inhabitants over the last year were Red Hat Nick ( who only just moved out recently...because one of my ex's caused him to loose his job and he couldn't afford it anymore...Tika, Official member of the Tripod of Evil She left because she wanted a quieter life, and for a short time she and I just weren't seeing eye to eye anymore, Mostly because I got blindsided and sucked into the bullshit reguarding my ex, AKA - Eryn Evans (I am sure at some point I will describe the "Eryn Syndrome" For now though, I am going to save that for another day)


There have been others, In this house, and well, when I get into describing the 3 years we lived in the COMPOUND ( my old apartment ) you will get to her about some other people who lived with all of us...The Compound stories are really some of the stories of pittsburgh rave legends, and really, I dont know how none of us really ended up in jail, or worse, for some of the antics we pulled off there and yet somehow managed to get away with, I'll get to that a little later...For now though, I am, going to describe my current house-mates....

Right now we have a happy little community, and for the most part me and my roommates seem to be meshing pretty well...

Skoots Is a goofy little fucker, who more often than not manages to get drunk from time to time, and amuse the shit out of me with his quirky silliness....Skoots is the kind of guy, who sometimes is too nice for his own good...But I have alot of love for this kid...he pretty much nursed me back to health a couple of years ago when I really had a mental breakdown because of a bad breakup...he would sit on the edge of my bed, trying to force feed me Ramen noodles because for about 3 months I was so broken I wouldn't even eat, Or he would tuck me in and just make sure I was ok. Skoots is probably one of the most dependable roomates I have ever had...He pays his rent on time, cleans the house and the only real gripe I ever have with him, is his unending, never changing, ridiculous love of Hardstyle...I swear, Hardstyle to me sounds like 2 sneakers, (sometimes 3) bouncing off the insides of a tumble dryer...I hate it...just not my thing...I much prefer him to play Drum n Bass, He is way better at it, and it doesn't make me want to smash my face into a wall and knock myself into a coma....he is a good DJ' I'm not saying he isnt, but damn, hardstyle isnt my cup of tea at all....Oh and he is awesome for doing boy jobs like taking out the trash, and shoveling....and helping to clean around the house- SKOOTS=NOT A SLOB, this is awesome! He really is one of the best roomates I have had, he puts up with my shit, which is admirable...and all around is a pretty awesome dude.

Drea- She now she isnt a DJ at all,
I think she is the first person to ever live in my house that wasnt some sort of DJ She is a raver of sorts, She popped into the scene about a year or so ago, or at least that is when I met her...She is a pretty cool chick, She ebbs on the side of the dramatic from time to time, but I mean, who doesnt....She is still climbing the social ladder, and getting to know the ropes, I think that once she has been around us all for a bit longer, we will mold her into a good and proper little rave minion... She already helps out alot at parties, and I think she sees herself becoming a promoter at some point, I think she just needs to give it a little more time, to get herself out there to become whatever it is she plans to become.

Me....Ill write about me in more depth later, long story short, I moved here 5-6 years ago from Scotland, I am loud and obnoxious, but in a cute and endearing sort of way....I play Bassline, Electro and House ( the good stuff ;P) I have a radio show I do twice a week from my college radio station, I throw parties, I just love bringing people together....And every party I have thrown has been pretty epic...Me Tika and Eryn founded Sisters of Sinister ( an offshoot of Sinister Movement) a few years ago, and ran a clubnight called One Night Stand for awhile, That was pretty fun, and always interesting because EVERYONE got hella drunk...$6 pitchers....seriously, kids would just put straws in the pitchers and drink until oblivion....We would book a handful of local dj's and just jam out on a Tuesday night...and we still managed to pack the place...which is impressive for a Tuesday night. I'm sure many jobs were lost due to the fact that half of the burgh was almost certainly hungover the next day....

I'm tired of writing for now....there are many many more players in this debauchary of ravelore which I am sure you are going to continue reading, once it begins to get a little more interesting....stay tuned, My day has only just begun...its the morning after the shitty day before, and Im pretty sure that by the end of the day I will have something to bitch and moan about...

till then
ciao


Below, pics of some of the people mentioned.... once the pic uploader works again

No comments:

Post a Comment