Saturday, February 6, 2010

A day in the life

I wanna say, that in reality, I am totally going to protect the names of the innocent here, but reality is, I'm totally not....

I'll start with describing myself, I am Jaime, but most people just call me J-me. Im going to be 31 on Monday, but really, I like to think that I have the mindset of a 22 year old, and I look pretty young, because well, I have about 200 multi-colored braid extensions in my hair. I currently live in Pittsburgh, I moved here about 5-6 years ago, from Glasgow, Scotland. I am a loudmouthed, outspoken bitch, but my friends all over look that, and pretty much accept the fact that that is just the way that I am, and frankly, when my rage isn't directed at them, I think they admire the fact that, I am that person, who will always call you out when you should be, I am the person who says the things that everyone else is thinking, but no one else has the balls to say. I have lived a pretty amazing life. I have traveled the world, and seen many things in this short time on this planet, and I have experienced more than my share of bullshit along the way. I know that this may sound pretty egotistical, but I am a pretty amazing person, But I am human just like everyone else, I have made many mistakes in my life, and I have also been the recipient of the mistakes of others.

Right now in my life, I live in a house, with a bunch of other Dj's, and I spend alot of my time throwing epic ( and sometimes not so epic) parties, in a close knit scene of ravers, who over the years I have grown to love. One thing in my life I know, is that I am blessed, to be surrounded by people who love me, and for the most part accept me for who I am, even when I am on my high horse. I earned that, I believe that I do... My friends are my family, and I love them dearly. In the last 5 or so years I have met some of the most amazing people, and I have experienced some of the most insane antics, that when I look back, have not only made me who I am, but have also provided a source of entertainment, even through the tears...at least in hindsight. But I have also experienced a grand amount of pain, which I have tried, to keep from making me jaded....


Another thing that you should know about me, Is I am a lesbian....I am lovingly referred to as the "lesbi-pimp serial fister" I am pretty open about my sexuality in my social life, But in school, I kinda keep that shit to myself... I figure, I have been fortunate enough to be accepted in my social life, and I just dont out myself to people who dont really have any real impact on my life, because well, frankly, I dont remember ever really giving a shit about what people think of me, and my sex life is pretty much my business, Its not by any means a secret....but well, I dunno...But yeah, I tend to be a pretty hot commodity around these parts, I think my outrageous personality kinda draws people to me, and before you even go there boys, I am all about the ladies, and no, you are not gonna be that magic cock that is gonna bring me back to the dark side of breeder sex, fucking girls is what I like to do, and dammit I do a real good job...

Do I have a big head? of course I do, I earned it, but behind my rockstar mentality, I am just as insecure as the rest of you, but I believe that if you get everyone else to believe your hype, eventually, you start to buy it too. at least on the outside......but inside I am a sweet sensitive girl, who has got caught up in alot of things, but hey, if you cant make fun of your own mistakes in life, what the fuck else can you do, but rot....Some of my friends call me the storyteller, because my over-embellished stories and outrageous anecdotes are often the source of laughter, when all you think you can do is cry....We all party, we all have our vices. We laugh, we cry, we fight and yet, something always brings us back together....and we have a lifestyle, its probably way different from yours, things you could never really see, but here I am, giving you a window, into the Scene, Our Scene, We protect it, we love it, and we live by it, and it really has changed all our lives....It is my family.

Many times throughout my life, I have been told I should write a book, I'm sure one day, when I feel my story has come to an end, I will, because contrary to popular belief, my life isn't all about the party, the party is what gets me through my life....my Monday to Friday is just what I do to fill the space between my weekends, where my real life begins.

What I write about, is most likely going to be the rant of the century, but I think my personality puts an interesting spin on things, and my perspective, tends to be on the elaborate and dramatic side, fun stuff really.... I dont know, read on I suppose, I'm sure it will be enlightning

No comments:

Post a Comment